PMP Certification: What is it?
The Project Management Professional or PMP is one of the most important and highly recognized certifications in the industry for project managers.
Being truly global in nature, those with PMP certifications could be found in nearly every country, unlike other certifications that focus on a particular domain or geography.
Project Management Professional (PMP) is the internationally recognized industry certification offered by Project Management Institute, USA.
Why Should I Go For PMP Certification?
- Well, being a PMP means you can work in virtually any industry, in any location, and with any methodology of your choice.
- It also boosts your earning potential. According to Earning Power: Project Management Salary Survey—Ninth Edition, with PMP certification, you can earn 20% more than the non-certified peers.
- If you are an employer, then you should consider a PMP certificate holder as when more than 1/3rd of the project managers are holding PMP certification, then organizations tend to complete almost all the projects on time with meeting original targets along with efficiency.
- With PMP, it signifies that you are able to understand and speak the global language of project management.
- It also connects you to a community of organizations, professionals, and experts worldwide.
Best PMP Certification Course: Top 10 PMP Training Courses
Here’s a list of top 10 PMP training institutes that are recognized by PMI, USA.
Established more than a decade ago, Whizlabs Software is the leader in the education space and provides professional certification courses. They have served over 2.5 million plus users across 125 plus countries. They have experience of over 16 years. Offering certification preparation courses in Technology and Project Management domains, they use online instructor-led training along with an online simulated series of tests and video tutorials.
There are two types of Project Management Professional Certification training options offered by Whizlabs software:
- Exam Simulator: The format of this type of training is the actual format that comes in the PMP exam. You are tested with 995 questions and immediate reports are also available. For this, you don’t have to worry about traveling anywhere as the mode of conduction is online.
- Self Study Training: They offer 487 mins of Training Videos for all 13 objectives. You will have unlimited access along with tips and tricks that guarantee success in PMP exam.
Salient features of Whizlabs
They cover all fundamental aspects of Project Management focusing on 47 knowledge areas and 5 processes from examination point of view.
- The video tutorials are over 10 hours of duration.
- 60 hours of PDUs.
- There will be 995 questions in a mock examination.
- Students will be taught tips and tricks.
Mode of instruction: Online
Established in 2009, Simplilearn is one of the largest professional certifications company in the world. They have trained more than 500,000 professionals. There are over 2,000 plus qualified trainers to guide you. Other than PMP certification course, there are more than 400-course options. Simplilearn is the largest education platform that has 40+ global accreditation.
The PMP course provided by Simplilearn is aligned to the 2016 exam, where you will get 35 PDUs. They will be covered in 5 process groups and 10 knowledge areas according to PMBOK Guide (5th edition).
Salient features of Simplilearn
- 32 hours of Instructor-led Training
- 29 hours of High-Quality E-Learning Content
- 83 End-of-Chapter Quizzes & 5 Simulation Exams
- 5 Industry Case studies and 12 scenario based games
- They claim 100% Money Back Guarantee
Mode of training: Instructor-led Training
3. QAI Global
QAI is Global Registered Education Provider with PMI which is designed to help individuals prepare for the PMP exam. Integrated with consulting and training, the workshop focuses on the practical aspect of PMP. After the training, the participant has to do a mock test that has 100 hand-picked questions to check the understanding of the enrollee.
The content of the course is covered in 4 days in order to fulfill the 35 PDU requirements for appearing in the PMP course.
The aim of the QAI’s PMP training course is to make participants effective project managers.
Mode of training: Instructor-led training
Started in the year 2007, knowledgeWoods has over 70 people and offers more than 75 certifications. The training programs are carried by knowledgeWoods across US, South Africa, Middle East, and India.
Till date the company has an experience of delivering 1000 plus classroom PMP preparation programs and 30,000 participants have been trained by them worldwide. Also, KnowledgeWoods has worked with more than 500 companies in order to empower their employees along with helping them to practically understand the implications of these practices at workplace.
The company claims 100% Money Back Guarantee
Training delivery mode: classroom training, e-learning, and online training.
Approved by Project Management Institute and SCRUM Alliance, iZenBridge is registered education provider. They offer practices in business analysis and project concepts. Being a global firm in offering certification courses, they are single global partnership who are focused on building effective organizations in managing projects.
The PMP training offered by this company is explained in the real project context.
Salient features of iZenbridge
- The 35 contact hours PDU certificate remains updated.
- 10 knowledge areas and 5 process group are covered by them in 60+ hours video content offered by them.
- More than 1400 assessment questions are offered by them.
- Also, they offer 120 days e-learning access.
- Quizzes after each lesson are taken to make sure students understand the concept clearly.
- 21 ready to use templates on Integration Management, Scope Management, Time Management, Cost Management, Quality, Human Resource, Communication, Risk, Procurement, and stakeholder.
Training delivery mode:
6. Skillogic Knowledge Solutions
Established in the year 2010 in Amsterdam, Skillogic is an IT consulting and professional certification training provider. It meets the needs of its services globally across 30 plus countries like India, US, UK, France, Germany, and Netherlands.
The company has more than 200 consultants and trainers who are experts in their fields. The course material, training methodology, and training content are accredited by global certifying authorities in order to ensure the quality training experience.
Salient features of Skillogic
- The training is based on case study.
- It is conducted by Industry best-certified trainers via practical approach.
- They also offer 5 full PMP online simulation mock tests
- The company also provides end to end support in PMP application process.
Training delivery mode: Classroom and Online training.
They are one of the best training providers in the areas of Quality management, service management, data science, big data, and project management.
The company is a leading Global Registered Education Provider of PMI. The training is 3-4 days long. Some of the unique features of GreyCampus includes video presentations, instructor-led classes, simulated exams, flash cards, and tools to help you understand the key concepts required to gain the PMP certification.
Salient features of GreyCampus
- More than 30,000 students have been trained from 50 plus locations globally.
- The instructors have an experience of over 10 years in Project Management.
- Students get 1-year e-learning access.
- There are 3 simulated exams.
- They also provide 30 days of instructor helpline post training.
- GreyCampus also claims 100 percent money back guarantee.
Mode of training: Classroom training
iACT (International Academy for Certification and Training) offers training services and certification to companies and individuals across the globe. They provide training in a wide spectrum of competencies that helps professionals gain skills in areas like sales, supply chain, finance, six sigma, etc.
iACT global has trained over 1000 professionals on PMP till date.
Salient features of iACT Global
- The training programs are practical and driven by industry needs and not just academic requirements.
- The training programs have been developed by the faculty of leading universities, management consultants, and industry practitioners.
- The duration of the course is 3 months.
Mode of training: Study Centre Training Course, Silver Package E-Learning Course, and Basic E-learning Course.
Being the provider of professional training and consultancy to teams and individuals, KnowledgeHut is one of the leading training companies in the areas like Big Data, Finance, Hadoop, PMP, etc.
The PMP course by KnowledgeHut is a 35-hour training session.
Salient features of KnowledgeHut
- It is a global REP for PMI.
- The course syllabus is aligned with latest changes (Jan 2016).
- Participants get 100 days free access to e-learning modules.
- The course is led by certified and professional trainers.
- They offer 6 Full-Length Mock Exams featuring 1200 practice questions.
- They claim 100% money return guarantee if you are not satisfied with the training.
Mode of training: Classroom training
Being in the service industry for over 20 years, Koenig Solutions provide state-of-the-art technical training as well as certifications on all popular IT technologies available globally. One of the best features about Koenig solutions is that they offer various innovative learning methods and delivery models to their customers across the globe.
Salient features of Koenig Solutions
- There are more than 350 trainers who are highly experienced in their fields.
- Other than PMP, participants can choose from over 1,000-course options.
- Till date, Koeing solutions has trained over 65,000+ students.
- The regular track for PMP course takes 11 days to complete whereas fast track is a 5-day training.
Mode of training: Classroom training, virtual training, fly me a trainer (customized/personal training), and flip classroom (self-study under expert guidance).
Given above is the list of 10 best PMP certificate training providers on the basis of:
- Experience of the faculty,
- Global accreditations,
- Mode of training, etc.
Which do you feel is the best for you? Still have doubts? Feel free to ask your queries in the comment section below!